Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 39 - Buddies

Ben took me out for a fancy dinner last night at Austin Land and Cattle. We figure it is probably our last nice night out for awhile since this baby is going to be here before we know it.  The food was AMAZING.  Hands down one of the best steaks either Ben or I have ever had.  The sweet potato clam chowder was fabulous.  Even the spinach was really good.  That's saying something.  Unfortunately, my prego body took over half way through our lovely meal and I started feeling sick.  Obviously I wasn't going to be sick at a nice restaurant so we asked for a box, Ben finished his meal and then I made his drive me over to his office so I could be sick.  So romantic and classy.  Not to worry, I immediately felt better so he took me for ice cream and I ate the rest of my amazing steak later.  Hooray for pregnancy.  Ugh.

We were lucky enough to have Logan's big sister Jordan (who we LOVE) come babysit for our night out.  Sam had a lovely time with her even if the first thing he said when she walked in was, "Where's Logan?" They played Fruit Ninja and made a darling Valentine for Ben and I.  Love love love that girl.  As I was getting ready to take her home, Ben went in to check on Sam and found this cute little sight.


For Valentine's Day, Aunt Karen gave Sam a Donald Duck and Baby Girl a Daisy Duck. Sam is taking really good care of Daisy for the baby. He was quite excited to have them join Mickey.  Even tonight he took all three of them to bed and lined them up around his pillow.  It'll be interesting to see what happens on Valentine's Day when we add Goofy, Minnie and Pluto to the mix.

0 comments:

Post a Comment