Friday, January 23, 2009

Ben Says It's Time

Ben has been on my case to post.  Since we can all see what happens when Ben posts (see below)  I decided to relent.   Here is the Christmas letter that I was not allowed to send.  (Ben is anti-Christmas letter)

Sam

Our little buddy is growing up so fast.  He is rolling over front to back and back to front.  He is also getting two teeth.  He's had a little cold this month but is now recovered. (Thank Goodness!!!) Everyday he changes so much.  Ben just reminded me about the one tragedy that has afflicted our little guy.  He lost his hair. . . well, some of it.  His lovely long brown hair has fallen out all except for at the crown of his head and the base of his skull.  He looks like he's wearing a little skull cap.  The good news is that it is coming back in thick and blond.  Ben wants to buzz the leftover brown stuff.  The kids jabbers non-stop.  It's really fun now that he is so interactive.  We were video chatting with Daddy today and he was so intrigued!

Tracey 

I am enjoying being home with Sam.  I have picked up a part-time job 2 days a week (8 hours).  It is nice to have a little something to do.  I have also started "THE HARDEST DIET IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!!!"  Ok, maybe it is not that bad.  It's called the 6 Week Body Makeover.  It's good, lot's of little meals.  No sugar, salt, or dairy.  That part is a little tough.  I am down 10 lbs though in 2 weeks and I've only been on the eating plan for 5 days.  Not bad.  The goal is to lose 70 lbs by Christmas.  Wish me luck!  I'm sure there will be future whining posts if I can manage to stick to it. 

Ben

Ben is almost done with his PhD.  We are in the last couple months and then he gets to just be a working dude. He should be done in March. He says he's "Cashing checks and breaking necks." (or something)  We are so excited! So if anyone knows of a job for a Chemical Engineer with a PhD, let us know.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment